** Update 24 September 20 **
HomeFront launched nationally over the winter and has delivered indoor and outdoor services compliant with local and Commonwealth regulations, including in Melbourne, Canberra, Newcastle, Adelaide and Perth.
So far there are no reported cases of any customer or provider contracting COVID-19 from the thousands of services delivered since February. HomeFront supports building an impenetrable magical ice wall along Victoria’s northern border all the same.
** Update 1 April 20 **
HomeFront services are still being fully delivered with all Australian Commonwealth Government health and safety guidance for COVID-19 risk mitigation measures applied. We have additionally added our own risk control measures to further protect our customers and service providers.
Risk Management Actions Undertaken Since 13 March 20
- Ensured no active Service Provider has travelled internationally since 29 February 20
- Ensured no active Service Provider has been in direct contact with COVID-19 diagnosed person since 29 Feb 20
- Replaced any Service Provider presenting with flu-like symptoms since 29 February 20
- Increased our Cleaning Service Provider’s Personal Protective Equipment requirement to limit exposure or transmission risk
- Ensured Queensland Health best practice for cleaning chemical compositions and techniques, including the proper use of bleach, alcohol or hydrogen peroxide
We understand that continuing to receive critical household services is more important to many of you than ever, and we are fully committed to ensuring services continue to be delivered by our smart professionals using sensible, effective and proven risk minimisation techniques.
*** Update 17 March 20 ***
In light of the evolving situation regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19) the health and safety of our Customers and Service Providers remains HomeFront’s number one priority.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) is a respiratory illness caused by a new virus. Symptoms range from a mild cough to pneumonia. Some people recover easily, others may get very sick very quickly. There is evidence that it spreads from person to person. Good hygiene can prevent infection.
HomeFront has taken active measures to protect the safety of our customers by ensuring that our Service Providers are properly educated on the mitigation techniques that greatly reduce the chances of viral communication, including:
- Wearing gloves and (where appropriate) masks
- Using bleach-based or alcohol-based solutions for all indoor cleaning and on personal industrial equipment
- Avoiding all physical contact with customers
- Informing us immediately of the development of flu-like symptoms now or within the last 14 days
- Informing us immediately of any contact with a confirmed COVID-19 diagnosed person in the last 14 days
Further, HomeFront has instructed all Service Providers to inform us immediately if they have travelled overseas to any of the declared higher or moderate risk countries in the last 14 days, including:
- South Korea
- The rest of Europe
- Hong Kong
HomeFront will swap any Service Provider presenting with any of the above risks with a non-risk case Service Provider. One of the great advantages of HomeFront Australia is our large fleet of exceptional Service Providers to whom we can allocate and re-allocate work as needed.
We understand that even in the current environment, your grass will still grow and your homes, if anything, more urgently require quality cleaning and disinfecting. As such, we have also asked our cleaning Providers to pay particular attention to disinfecting doorknobs, light switches, remotes, handles and other “high-touch” areas in your home in addition to their normal duties.
HomeFront will stay on the front foot in managing all risks associated with COVID-19 transmission, while ensuring minimal disruption (if any) to your service schedules. As part of this, we ask that you advise us if you have any concerns as to the health of any Service Provider, or indeed your own health concern as it may relate to our Service Providers’ risk.
We believe in maintaining a calm, rational and diligent approach to managing this issue, and will continue to make the interests of our Customers and Service Providers our enduring priority.
CEO HomeFront Australia